“Women & Agriculture” current library display!
The RAU Library is celebrating “Women & Agriculture” with its current display of books and documents gathered together on this theme.
Women play a significant role in agriculture the world over. Did you know, for example, that:
- In 2007, women made up about 41 percent of total employment in agriculture globally?
- In least developed countries this figure increases to around 70%?
- In the EU, agriculture is the seventh largest employer of women?
- Around 17% of the UK’s agricultural workforce is female, but the number has been rising in recent years?
- Women in the UK are very optimistic about the role they will play on farms and in shaping UK agriculture over the next decade.
All the books on display can be borrowed, but of course the RAU Library has many more books about women and gender in agriculture than you see in this selection.
The display is located next to the library self-service kiosks – please don’t miss it!