The library now has a subscription to Academy Exchange, the magazine of the Higher Education Academy.
The mission of the Higher Education Academy is to help institutions, discipline groups and all staff to provide the best possible learning experience for their students.
Fundamental to this mission is the publication of Academy Exchange which exists to encourage the exchange of ideas, practices, news and support on learning and teaching issues, with the goal of inspiring change and to contribute to the enhancement of the student learning experience.
Each issue of Academy Exchange examines a different theme. To date, the issues and themes have been:
• Issue 1 (Summer 2005) – The Academy’s Work
• Issue 2 (Autumn 2005) – Research and Evaluation
• Issue 3 (Spring 2006) – Widening Participation
• Issue 4 (Summer 2006) – The Student Learning Experience
• Issue 5 (Winter 2006) – Internationalisation
• Issue 6 (Summer 2007) – Lifelong Learning
• Issue 7 (Winter 2007) – Excellence
Issue 8, due for publication later in 2008 will deal with the topic of the postgraduate experience.
All of the issues listed above are now available in the library journals room (the most recent issue is on the journal display shelves) or can be downloaded from the Higher Education Academy website, a link to which also appears in the entry for this journal in the library catalogue.